Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Communicating with Twitter


I've spent some time this week working on a training session to help teachers implement Twitter in the classroom. Just like a lot of things, I've found Twitter to be one more thing that I wish I had utilized as a classroom teacher last year. So now my goal (since I have no classroom) is to get my teachers to see its benefits as a communication and collaboration tool.


I decided to troll online for awhile (my son calls it the World Wide Web, and since it sounds so cute, I don't offer other names) and I came across some great examples of how teachers are using Twitter to communicate to parents. Perhaps more importantly, I found some excellent examples of how students use Twitter to share and question. So if you have a Twitter account, try following these feeds. And if you don't have an account, what are you waiting for??

@MsMagiera - Awesome example of a stellar teacher using technology to enhance learning. This is her personal Twitter handle

@NTAStudents1 - This handle is by Ms. Magiera's students. I especially like how she manages their tweets. You should see the types of questions and insights her students offer. A must see!

@HighfillCrew - 5th graders blending iPhones in their learning. I really love their use of Instagram to show what they are doing in class. What a cool way to show your learning by sharing digital images of your year.

@APUSHTweets - An AP History class account. Mrs. Cunningham uses her account to share valuable information for students and parents.

@MissTrippsClass - A class of 4/5 math and science students. Miss Tripp looks to share the learning and discovery of her students beyond the walls of the classroom.


1 comment:

  1. Matt, I am honored to be a part of you recommendations. I share your passion of technology in the classroom and am excited to join the group of educators sharing our wealth of knowledge on the world of Twitter!

    ReplyDelete